Thread: Sapphire 7950 OC and BSOD116

Default Sapphire 7950 OC and BSOD116

Hey guys,

I have the Sapphire 7950 OC edition and I've been recently getting the x116 BSOD which lists atikmpag.sys‎ as the issue. I've disabled all overclocks and reset it, yet it seems to still intermittently crash. I've even used and passed memtest as some say it can be caused by faulty RAM. Although the crashes can be few and far between, it is quite annoying spending so much on a card and for it to crash often.

I know its on RC drivers atm, but I'm quite tempted to send it back. Does anyone have a recommendation or possible solution?

Regards,

Darkwolf1990

First off mind posting your specs of you PC (you forgot to do it in your last thread).
    Second, mind giving us the dump files found here: C:\Windows\minidump (Make sure to put it in a compressed archive file....zip file basically)

But let me tell you straight up that for a good portion of the time, this error is directly linked to DirectX.

So just in case install this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...010_redist.exe
    And then run this whether or not it succeeds or fails: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
    Personal PC: Sapphire Pure Black X79N | CrossFireX: Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition x2 (@ 1050/1450 MHz) | i7-3960X (@ 4.4GHz) | 8GB Patriot Viper X-Treme DDR3-1600 / 8GB Samsung Green DDR3-1600 (CAS 8) | Patriot Wildfire 120GB / WD Cavier Blue 1TB / WD Cavier Blue 80GB | Thermaltake ToughPower XT Platinum 1275 Watt | Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme (2x Corsair SP120s) | Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition | Thermaltake Black ELEMENT Mouse | Thermaltake MEKA G1 Keyboard

Hey,

thanks for your reply. Here is the minidump you requested[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?yo42rt71108nnm4"]

Secondly my specs are

CPU
    Intel Core i7 920 d0
    corespeed: 2.66GHz MHz
    RAM
    6GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3
    speed: 1600MHz
    Optical Drive
    LG Blu-ray Drive
    Monitor
    24" 1080p BenQ LCD
    Case
    Coolermaster HAF 932
    Motherboard
    Asus P9T Deluxe
    Hard Drive
    Intel 25-xm SSD
    capacity: 80 GBytes
    Cooling
    Corsair H80
    Keyboard
    Logitech G19
    Mouse
    Logitech G9
    Graphics
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    memoryclock: 1575 MHz
    coreclock: 1150 MHz
    memory: 3 GBytes
    Hard Drive
    150GB WD Velociraptor
    capacity: 150 GBytes
    OS
    Windows 7 Professional
    Power
    Corsair 850w TX PSU
    Audio
    Asus Xonar DX

I've installed both of the provided DirectX links and fingers crossed nothings happened so far

Yeah, from your dump file I also saw that "dxgkrnl.sys" and "dxgmms1.sys" also crashed, so I bet it's DirectX. But only time will tell.

Keep us updated. ^-^
    Last edited by EWP; 02-29-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Engrish
    Personal PC: Sapphire Pure Black X79N | CrossFireX: Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition x2 (@ 1050/1450 MHz) | i7-3960X (@ 4.4GHz) | 8GB Patriot Viper X-Treme DDR3-1600 / 8GB Samsung Green DDR3-1600 (CAS 8) | Patriot Wildfire 120GB / WD Cavier Blue 1TB / WD Cavier Blue 80GB | Thermaltake ToughPower XT Platinum 1275 Watt | Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme (2x Corsair SP120s) | Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition | Thermaltake Black ELEMENT Mouse | Thermaltake MEKA G1 Keyboard

Just to let you know it's running fine One question though, what are the drivers located on the sapphire website for? http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...006&lid=1&os=6 like media codec package? is that and hydravision ok to download and install in conjunction with the 12.2RC or is it just best to stick with the AMD website for drivers?

Behind 7 Proxies, and a Tor Station on the Moon

Sapphire Drivers are optimized for sapphire cards - but saying you can use either the AMD CSS or Sapphire CSS packages - it is recommended to use the Sapphire Drivers.

The Hydravision (for multiple displays) is additional software to be used in conjunction with the CSS drivers as is the AMD Media Codec Package (for video playback problems).
    Either piece of software is not required for the operation of your video card and is totally optional.

Application profiles also are used in conjunction with the Catalyst Software Suite and provides optimized profiles.