Thread: 7970 Vapor-x Overvolt not allowed?

Default 7970 Vapor-x Overvolt not allowed?

Hello to everyone!
    After some days of quite running my freshly new 7970 Vapor-x 3GB ed. ask me to make some OC.
    First of all my OC limit under stock voltage (1.2V) is 1180 for gpu. is it good, isn't it?
    With this OC i can play my favorite games 60 fps stable with 60° max and i like it so now i want to make some more OC with a little more voltage.
    Unfortunally via trixx or via Afterburner (latest version for both) i can adjust the voltage but is not really applied. There is a way to overvolt this card???

Another question: there is a button on the card. Is that a dual bios button or something else? Because if i press it nothing changes.

Thank you for your attention
    Andrew

Behind 7 Proxies, and a Tor Station on the Moon

which driver set are you using? - was this a clean build, or you had drivers / different graphics card prior in your system. if so upgrade to the latest AMD CCC (12.8 is the current latest) i tested the 7970 Vapor-X i have access to and had no problem overvolting above the stock limit through trixx.

(to clean install your drivers)
    #1: Download and install “Driver Fusion” from here: http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion
    #2: Download the latest Catalyst Drivers from AMD's website (do not install just yet)
    #3: Uninstall your current Catalyst Drivers, and anything involving nVidia. (I know most games need PhysX to run, but you can always install that afterwards.)
    #4: Reboot your computer into “Safe Mode”
    #5: Run “Driver Sweeper” and “Clean” anything related to nVidia and AMD (yup, both)
    #6: Boot your computer into “Normal Mode”
    #7: Install the latest Catalyst Drivers.
    #8: Restart your computer and test it.

(about the button) Yes that is the dual bios button, pressing it will automatically overclock up to 1050 via powertune dynamic boost.

Thank you for the answer.
    BTW i follow all your steps but i still cannot overvolt, also the button seem doesn't works. The clock still 1050 button pressed or not.
    Other suggestion?

Thank you
    Andrew

Hmmmm...not sure, considering that I never handled the 7970 6GB Toxic version, TacticalMouse and deadbc77 are the only people I know who actually has one. EDIT ADDED: Bah, totally misread that, but in either case, I'd recommend you go make a Sapphire Support Ticket.

In either case, you probably would want to create a Sapphire Support Ticket here:
    http://support.sapphiretech.com/
    Last edited by EWP; 09-01-2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Oops, I has read skillz. ^-^
    Personal PC: Sapphire Pure Black X79N | CrossFireX: Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition x2 (@ 1050/1450 MHz) | i7-3960X (@ 4.4GHz) | 8GB Patriot Viper X-Treme DDR3-1600 / 8GB Samsung Green DDR3-1600 (CAS 8) | Patriot Wildfire 120GB / WD Cavier Blue 1TB / WD Cavier Blue 80GB | Thermaltake ToughPower XT Platinum 1275 Watt | Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme (2x Corsair SP120s) | Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition | Thermaltake Black ELEMENT Mouse | Thermaltake MEKA G1 Keyboard

I have the same issue. I did a fresh reinstall of my HD 7950 Vapor-X drivers and I cannot change the voltage. Or at least in Trixx the voltage reverts back to the default 0.975. Afterburner doesn't even let me move the voltage slider.