Thread: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450

Default Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450

Hello group,

I just installed a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card in my computer. I do not play any games on this computer just use CAD programs. The main reason I bought this card was so I can use two monitors. Also I got it for a great price!

I am having problems with my BobCAD/CAM software when I use the verify command to see my tool path, it leaves a ghosting effect of the tool as it moves. I have tried many settings through the Catayst Control Center and have even turned the OpenGL Settings off in the regedit.

Would anyone know of some settings I can try to get this to work?

Thanks

Hi @ecope,

I´m not very versed on BobCAD so I cannot give you any ideas based on experience or any similar problem in this forum.
    Could you try asking your CAD software support on this?

HP Pavilion Notebook DV3550 ** MAXTOR PERSONAL STORAGE 3200 (500gigs) ** PS3 160G
    ¡¡¡UPGRADING IN PROGRESS!!!
    HD 7970 OC 3G DUALX........ENERMAX PLATIMAX EPM1000EWT

Hi Rubenoa,

Yes I have asked the CAD software support and what they recommended was turning off the OpenGL Settings in every place it showed up in regedit, right click on the program icon to compatibility and check the Disable visual themes, Disable desktop composition and check Run this program as an administrator. I have tried them without any success.

I have played around with the Catalyst Control Center and got the tool to not have a ghosting effect but the material blank does not show up now, so you cannot tell what is being machined.

So I tried this forum for a chance someone might know what to try.

Thanks again!

I´ll try to contact some people that I know to see if they are versed on CAD and have an AMD GPU. Give me some time to see any response on this, but I think this is a dead end as they didn´t report to me any issues with CAD, at least non that they cannot hand for theirselves...

HP Pavilion Notebook DV3550 ** MAXTOR PERSONAL STORAGE 3200 (500gigs) ** PS3 160G
    ¡¡¡UPGRADING IN PROGRESS!!!
    HD 7970 OC 3G DUALX........ENERMAX PLATIMAX EPM1000EWT

I've used AutoCAD and CATIA (during my college days, I've never really used BobCAD though) on my PC (specs below minus the Sapphire FleX HD7950), but I've never seen a "ghosting" problem before. Let's first get the typical things out of the way first.

What are your system specs?? (Yes, even with a low powered video card. It's better to know than to not know.) You can find a template here: http://www.sapphireforum.com/showthr...-Deleted-!!%29

Also make sure that you uninstalled all of your old video drivers, whether it be from the motherboard or the old video card, and disable the on-board graphics in the BIOS of your motherboard (if your motherboard has on-board graphics).

Also, try to do a clean installation of the AMD Video Drivers by doing the following:
    #1: Download and install “Driver Fusion” from here: http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion
    #2: Download the latest Catalyst Drivers from AMD's website (do not install just yet)
    #3: Uninstall your current Catalyst Drivers, Intel Video Drivers (if you have any), and anything involving nVidia. (I know most games need PhysX to run, but you can always install that afterwards.)
    #4: Reboot your computer into “Safe Mode”
    #5: Run “Driver Sweeper” and “Clean” anything "Display and PhysX" related to AMD, nVidia, and Intel. (yup, all of them)
    #6: Boot your computer into “Normal Mode”
    #7: Install the latest Catalyst Drivers.
    #8: Restart your computer and test it.
    Personal PC: Sapphire Pure Black X79N | CrossFireX: Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition x2 (@ 1050/1450 MHz) | i7-3960X (@ 4.4GHz) | 8GB Patriot Viper X-Treme DDR3-1600 / 8GB Samsung Green DDR3-1600 (CAS 8) | Patriot Wildfire 120GB / WD Cavier Blue 1TB / WD Cavier Blue 80GB | Thermaltake ToughPower XT Platinum 1275 Watt | Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme (2x Corsair SP120s) | Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition | Thermaltake Black ELEMENT Mouse | Thermaltake MEKA G1 Keyboard

Thanks EWP,

I have downloaded the driver-fusion software but it will not let me delete the nVidia files from the registry (I think this option is not available in the free version?). So I was wondering if I can find the listing in the registry and manually delete that line and then go to the next one that driver-fusion has found and delete it etc.?

I will have more time tomorrow to work on this so I will get my system specs also.

Thanks again for all the help!

I'm using the free version as well and it lets me delete the nVidia files, so probably your system is having a hard time to let it go.

You can attempt to do it, but please only do so if you're comfortable doing it. Personally, I would try to do a fresh install of Windows, but if you're not willing to go that far, then you can try to do delete the the registry listings manually.

Good luck!!
    Personal PC: Sapphire Pure Black X79N | CrossFireX: Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition x2 (@ 1050/1450 MHz) | i7-3960X (@ 4.4GHz) | 8GB Patriot Viper X-Treme DDR3-1600 / 8GB Samsung Green DDR3-1600 (CAS 8) | Patriot Wildfire 120GB / WD Cavier Blue 1TB / WD Cavier Blue 80GB | Thermaltake ToughPower XT Platinum 1275 Watt | Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme (2x Corsair SP120s) | Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition | Thermaltake Black ELEMENT Mouse | Thermaltake MEKA G1 Keyboard