Thread: HD 6850 Model 100315L Fan Issue

Default HD 6850 Model 100315L Fan Issue

Okay I bought this card for my new build in April of 2012, it's been great I don't play any real heavily graphic games other than some arcade and web based stuff. I have it on a AMD Phenom X4 based system with 16GB of DDR3 1066 Ram, connected to 2 23" Acer LED monitors via DVI. About a month ago I started hearing the fan on the GPU racing when I was doing simple browsing on flashed based sites and also some of the games I played, I though Whoa the card is over heating but no matter what monitoring programs I install I can't really get a good idea of what the true temp of the card is, or why the fan maxes out and sounds like a freaking jet is taking off in my living room.

I've dusted out the system, even installed more case fans to promote air flow. I don't have a hot environment at all, I use A/C when it's warm and the case is a Zalman stand alone full size tower with 4 120mm fans installed. This issue is driving me nuts why does the card ramp up the fan so quickly and is there anyway to monitor the true temperature and control the cooling fan better? I'm at a loss and hope someone here might have some better insight about this issue! Any help is greatly appreciated!

For real temps monitoring use AtiTraytools,right click-hardware-monitoring in notification area.,select temps GPU and a color and you will have in the notification area
    the GPU temps,move the mouse over the number and it will show min max and value
    temps

That's great thanks a bunch boris, I still wished I knew why the fan maxes out when I do simple stuff on the web, it just seems like it might be something wrong with the card. That's the dilemma I'm struggling with. However, thanks for the tip I'll install it right away.

Look how temps change when you hear fan loud,if raise too much
    you problably have a video card issue