Thread: UEFI GOP support for Ultrafast boot

Default UEFI GOP support for Ultrafast boot

Hi

Since Windows 8 come out, it is now possible to use the Ultrafast boot option if you have a mobo with that feature (Asrock and Asus mobos with UEFI surely have). The only missing thing is the GOP support in vga BIOS. There is not one desktop card on the market that supports it. But they say it is only need a little BIOS tweak from the manufacturer to solve this problem. I already made a ticket for my Sapphire Vapor-X 7770 card, but the answer is this not the highest priority now.
    I made this thread so anyone who has the same "problem" write here and make a ticket too and maybe we get the upgraded bios sooner (if we get any).

Quote Originally Posted by Demorg View Post
    Hi

Since Windows 8 come out, it is now possible to use the Ultrafast boot option if you have a mobo with that feature (Asrock and Asus mobos with UEFI surely have). The only missing thing is the GOP support in vga BIOS. There is not one desktop card on the market that supports it. But they say it is only need a little BIOS tweak from the manufacturer to solve this problem. I already made a ticket for my Sapphire Vapor-X 7770 card, but the answer is this not the highest priority now.
    I made this thread so anyone who has the same "problem" write here and make a ticket too and maybe we get the upgraded bios sooner (if we get any).
    i face same problem with you,sapphire team can you provide our bios update for this ?

For that you need to contact Sapphire Techs using a Sapphire ticket, here in the forums I only can report about this, as I will do on my next report

HP Pavilion Notebook DV3550 ** MAXTOR PERSONAL STORAGE 3200 (500gigs) ** PS3 160G
    ¡¡¡UPGRADING IN PROGRESS!!!
    HD 7970 OC 3G DUALX........ENERMAX PLATIMAX EPM1000EWT