Thread: HDMI Audio not working

Default HDMI Audio not working

Sapphire 7950
    Catalyst 13.2 beta 7 drivers
    Windows 7 x64
    mini-DP cable to 27" LCD
    HDMI cable to Onkyo receiver to HDTV (1080p)
    rest of system specs in Rigbuilder

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the HDMI audio working! In Device Manager, I have the Intel HD4000 disabled/uninstalled, and under Sound, video and game controllers I have "AMD High Definition Audio Device" and "Realtek High Definition Audio" enabled and working properly. HOWEVER, when I go to the Sound control panel, under Playback Devices, I don't see "AMD High Definition Audio Device"!! The only options are Speakers and Realtek Digital Output. I even right-clicked and checked Show Disabled and Disconnected Devices.

Btw, video output via HDMI works fine. 1920x1080 no problems. (Well except for the fact that it doesn't exactly 1:1 pixel map)
    Someone help!

This is a bug with the beta drivers.

Go to AMD high def..disable it and enable it with the HDMI connected, it should recognize it under sound control panel, im having the same issue, while with 13.2 beta 2 (DMC patch) didn't happen, either 13.1.

If you still can't have sound, reinstall the video drivers with the HDMI connected.

Question Sorry to hack this thread!

Thanks this helped me too.

Are the AMD audio drivers more complex vs stability vs Nvidia Audio drivers?

I have a good audio system and the sound seems to sound better vs Nvidia GTS 450 though it is not as stable?

Though u really need a good sound system to notice!